Curriculum Impact-Implementation-Impact Statements
Farfield Primary & Nursery School Curriculum
Please click on your child's year group to find out what they will be learning about at different points in the school year.
Reading at home with your child
The Importance of Reading
The importance of reading cannot be underestimated. Reading for pleasure can benefit a child’s education, social and cognitive development, their wellbeing, and their mental health.
Reading with your child will help them to develop a love of reading for life. Multiple studies have found a link between reading for pleasure and higher academic achievement in every subject, not just English.
10 Key Reasons to Encourage your Child to Read at Home
- To build vocabulary
- To perform better academically.
- To let their imagination run wild.
- To help develop their creativity skills.
- To develop empathy and understanding.
- To gain a deeper understanding of their world.
- To improve their concentration levels.
- To exercise their brain.
- It is a great way to spend some quality time together.
- Reading together is fun.
Children in Year 5 learn Spanish. Each week the children learn the language and find out about the culture and traditions.
Our PSHE curriculum can be found below;
Below you will find the RE Curriculum